I've been dreading returning to school. At first I thought it was out of laziness. I mean, who wants to give up sleeping in past 5:45AM, reading without thinking about what vocabulary words needs explanations, skiing, biking at the beach, snowball fights, and extended time with family and friends? But then, in a quiet time I realized that there was something deeper. Returning to school means coming face-to-face with my inadequacies and the reality that I can't change the world and right all things wrong. Entering into the classroom again and being with my kids is stepping into a lot of painful realities that I can't really change - it's choosing into being out of control...And I've discovered this break that I love control...
I know that God can bring justice into my students' lives and into their families, but it's hard to sit in the day-to-day when nothing seems to be happening. I know He can, but will He? When? What's my role?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment