Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chisme on Mickey & Minnie

Eli, a second grader, stopped by my room Thursday morning, as he does every morning, to see what the first graders will be learning that day. After his usual questions about my day and how the first graders are doing, he wanted to debrief Mickey and Minnie's visit from the day before. It went something like this...

"Ms. Wong, who came to your room yesterday, Mickey or Minnie?"

"Mickey did. Who came to visit your room?"

"We had Mickey too. He was kissing all the girls."

"Oh... Who would you have wanted to visit your room?"

"Minnie. I have a secret to tell her."

"Oh? What secret?"

"The secret is that Mickey was kissing all the girls. I need to tell her that."

I think I might've started laughing here. "Oh yeah? What do you think Minnie will do about that?"

"Break up with him!!"

I'm glad Eli knows the importance of fidelity and I was definitely glad to have a good laugh in the midst of a difficult week.

No comments: