Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful.



I enjoy doing fun, crafty projects with my little first graders and seeing the great joy they get out of it.

We haven't done many family meetings this year, but we took a bit of time on the day before Thanksgiving to talk about what we were thankful for. I talked with them about the importance of being thankful for nonmaterial things and it was sweet hearing what they each had to say (even though some clearly didn't understand the point I had tried to make and were stuck on being thankful for their DS...)

Here are a few of my favorites.

I'm thankful for my family because they ceep me.

I'm thankful for my dad even though he lives far away but he still loves me and i love him.

I'm thankful for my brother because he's nis. I'm thankful for my sister because she's cool. I'm thankful for my brother because he's super cool.

I'm thankful for teachers who help us learn to go to college.

I'm thankful for my family because they love me no matter what.


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: