C has been working on not interrupting in class. He hasn't been very successful. I've been working on being more patient with the students. I haven't been very successful. The other day, in middle of a reading lesson, C kept shouting out that it was too cold. I started getting frustrateed with him, so I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths to make sure the words that came out of my mouth would be ones that would calmly remind him to raise his hand. After I opened my eyes again, I decided to not say anything and move on with the lesson because it seemed like he had gotten the point and I had just turned the air conditioner down.
A couple hours later, in middle of a math test, C finds it very important to get out of his seat to come talk to me.
"It was like magic, Ms. Wong."
I looked at him curiously.
"When I told you it was cold and you closed your eyes, when you opened your eyes again, the air conditioner went off."
Haha. Wow, I guess God is able to use my self-calming techniques to amaze my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome, Steph. God is good.
: )
Post a Comment