Friday, December 14, 2007

Winter Sing

As I stood there watching my 4th graders perform their song for the Winter Sing today, a rush of emotion filled me. I've been in the audience for many of these programs, but this time, I was actually responsible for it. I watched with pride and joy as my students sang in front of our gym filled with their families. The frustrations were put aside and we celebrated the holidays together as a school family.

I must say that the families of this city are absolutely amazing. The way they come together to do what they can for our school. The hours that the parents put into the Winter Sing and then to have them all come together to share a meal afterwards, it was such a warm experience. They care and they are grateful. It is a blessing to know that.

No comments: