I went to the Getty with Joi yesterday. There was an exhibit called "California Videos". One particular one struck me. It was about Skid Row in the 80s. Not much has changed. Homelessness. Violence. Desperate people. No hope.
As I watched, the reality of our broken world felt overwhelming. Is there hope, God? Will things ever change? How can they? The problem is so big.
In the midst of my doubt, God gently reminded me of why I entered into the teaching profession. New seeds need to be planted. Children, of all races and social classes and histories, need to be given new opportunities, different stories, a new hope.
It is good to remember. Too much of this year has been about me trying to prove myself. But it's not about me. That's not why I chose into teaching. It's about pulling loose the weeds of injustice that have entangled and suffocated. It's about planting new seeds that, in time, God will grow. It's about partnering with God as He brings forth His Kingdom, transforms lives, brings new hope, and writes new stories. It's about listening and allowing Him to use me in great and small ways daily. Ways that are seen and unseen. I just have to listen, trust, and be faithful.
It is good to be reminded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment