Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Grateful

It was 6:36 this morning and I was driving to work in the rain, wondering what the day ahead would hold. As I was making my way through traffic where the 5S and 110 freeways meet, my phone notified me of an incoming text message. The sender was unknown, but the message made me think it must've been sent to the wrong number. It simply said, "I luv u."

Confused, I replied to the sender to see who this admirer could be anticipating an embarassed "sorry, wrong number" response.

A few minutes later I received a reply. "Its nicole last nit i was thinkin bout wat u said bout workin togethr & i juust wanna thank u."

It took me a second to take it in before the tears began flowing. I was overwhelmed with God's care for me in the midst of my insecurities. Even though I don't always feel it or express it, I am grateful for being invited to be a part of the lives of these children and their families. It has blessed me.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I know this is irrelevant, but.. you texted while driving????

On a more related note, that is super sweet!

stephanie said...

texting while driving has yet to be outlawed. =P