It was hard to say goodbye even though we never really got along. There was something about not knowing what would happen to you and the uncertainty behind our chance meeting again that made the tears fall uncontrollably down my face. Why does it always take losing to realize how much my heart loved what I had.
I regret not loving you well. I regret not knowing how. God asked me to bring healing to your life through affirmation, through helping you see the inner beauty you have in you; but my heart is sinful and it failed you and Him. How I wish I could've been there for you more often. How I wish I could've loved you as I know He does. It was only when I held you during our last goodbye that I was able to tell you that I love you and really mean it. But then it was too late.
I wish you well, my dear Tiger. I choose to live in trust that you are in good hands. I am excited for your new start, for the journey ahead of you, for the discoveries and learning to come, for the people you will meet and love and who will love you in return. I just wish I could've been a part of it.
I never told you, but we share a love of worshipping a God who heals and I pray that His healing will bring you to a place of deeper joy that comes from knowing a Father who loves you so very much. I pray that you would feel his strong embrace through the darkest days and, even if you don't feel it, I pray that you would know that it's there.
I pray that you'll hear Him whisper to you every night, "I'll always love you."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment