I've been distracted by the pictures of my students on my screensaver this Spring Break. They've all grown, but it has been especially obvious with Jack. Jack came into my classroom unfocused and unmotivated. His mom had feared that he might need to be tested for ADD, but, now, there is a maturity that has taken over him. He's gone weeks with his clip being moved only a few times. He's usually on task and doing his work, much more so than in September.
I look at Jack with pride and with hope. I'm remembering the recess I spent with him when we filled out a behavior contract and he want back to his seat writing on and decorating a placard that said "Jack's going to college."
Greater things are still to come. I continue to lesson plan holding on to this hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment