"...One nation, under God, with justice and liberty for...some"
I pulled him aside. "With justice and liberty for some?" I questioned.
He looked at me, probably wondering if he should speak aloud what was in his mind.
"Why did you say that?"
"Because it's true. There is only justice and liberty for some. Some people go to jail and some people don't."
I looked at him. I had no argument.
"You're right. Life isn't fair. People are mistreated, huh?"
He silently acknowledged me with his eyes.
"Maybe the pledge of allegiance is more of our dream for America. It's what we want to work towards. It's why you're here - to work hard and be in a position to change our world to make it more of what you want it to be."
He silently acknowledged me again and walked away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment