My Dear Tigers,
We have so much to celebrate! When I think back on our two years together, there are so many memories that come to my mind. I think about celebrating with each of you as you passed guided reading levels or did well on a test. I think about our trip to Knott’s Berry Farm and how you dragged me onto a “roller coaster”. I think about the times when I’ve seen you care for each other when you didn’t even know I was watching. One of my favorite memories was when you apologized and forgave each other for the ways that you felt hurt. Whenever we had guests in our room, I always felt so proud to show off the amazing students I have.
When I look at you, I see many things, but one of the most important things I see is your determination. You have been determined to learn and you have been determined to care for one another. You have brought me such great joy.
As you graduate and move on to sixth grade, there is so much I want to say to you and so much I want you to know. I will try to limit myself to sharing just a few thoughts…
See how amazing you are. When you look at yourself in the mirror, I hope you see what I see. I hope you see someone who is smart, someone who has so much potential and so much purpose, someone who is loved and treasured. You are valuable and irreplaceable and I know you can do great things with your life. Believe in yourself. Be proud of who you are. Challenge yourself to do things that are more significant than you ever thought you could do. Let your dreams be big ones.
Love each other. You will be with each other for many more years. You will celebrate with each other and cry with each other. You will graduate from high school together and move onto college. Some of you might even remain friends throughout college and beyond. Take care of each other. One stick breaks easily, but you put 28 together and nothing can break them.
Love others. Be people who are caring. Be a good friend. Think about your words, your actions, and your choices. They affect other people too.
Always have the courage to do what you know is right. This isn’t always the easiest thing to do, but it’s the important thing to do.
Be determined to see your dreams come true. If your dreams are big, the journey won’t be quick. It probably won’t be smooth. And, sometimes, you might feel discouraged. But don’t give up. Push harder. Surround yourself with family and friends who will support you and encourage you. Your dreams are worth the hard work.
You have been my dream and you have been worth every bit of hard work I have had to put in to become your teacher. I cannot imagine ever having a more inspiring, thoughtful, brilliant, caring group of kids to work with. I have been so lucky. Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives.
I know you will achieve your dreams of going to college one day. It will be hard work, but if you believe in yourself and if you are determined to get there, I know you will. And I can’t wait to celebrate that day with you. I may not be your classroom teacher anymore, but I will always care about you and I will always be here for you. I will love you no matter what.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha steph for a moment i thought you kind of sound like jesus
Post a Comment