Fast forward to the year 2028. You sit down after after breakfast and something triggers your memory of 5th grade. You decide to write me a letter. What will you tell me?
**As I read their letters, I imagined myself 20 years in the future, sitting down with a cup of coffee, opening up their mail. There was a deep longing in me - I long to receive their letters 20 years from now telling me all about their lives. I long to hear of their dreams coming true. And I long for them to live lives of far greater significance than they can even begin to imagine right now.
Here are snippets of some of their letters. Some made me laugh. Some made me cry. All of them made me sit in wonder of how special these kids are. All made me realize, even more, how much I will miss them.**
***********
Dear Ms. Wong,
I went to Harvard for college. I was so excited because I was determined that I was going to get my Master's Degree. I am now officially Mrs. Ortega.
Dear Ms. Wong,
Me and my mom were always practicing together of sewing and designing. So I went to my room and got my book of my draws to design at the end of the book I saw a name and said Ms. Stephanie Wong and had her address. I remembered Ms. Stephanie Wong was my 4th and 5th teachers. She was very nice. She had teached me so much that all because of her I went to collage...I didn't know if she still lived there so I went fast to my Hummer and I hurried up to go to her house...I saw her in her front porch. She looked very lonely...She was so happy to see me again. We went inside and her house was ruined. So I gave her some cloths that I made. We were talking so much and also talked about my life. She was the one who made me live my dreams.
Dear Ms. Wong,
I really enjoyed the last day of college. The prompt that was awesome. I went with the girl I am married with. I even did something they thought I will never do in college. I got to kiss her. My friends were about to faint. Ms. Wong, you can't believe. I got a kid 2 years ago and I am going to get a new kid this year or next year. I really wish you were with me along the path.
November 13, 2028
Dear Ms. Wong,
You taught everything I needed to know and encouraged me the two years I was with you. I admired and respect you. I felt like writing on your birthday because I wanted to surprise you.
Dear Ms. Wong,
Do you remember that I used a paper and wrote "My dream is to go to college and become a doctor?" And my name is Doctor Lopez. I feel really proud of myself.
Dear Ms. Wong,
The job that I picked out was to be a patrol officer...My job is very tough because it is very hard to look for people that are speeding. My job can be difficult because sometimes you have a partner that is lazy and doesn't do anything.
Dear Ms. Wong,
I hope you still remember about me and I am sorry about making you headacks and I hope you come and visit me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
For some reason I really like this one (although I can't imagine you ever looking very lonely - it's just sweet that he/she would want to be there for you):
She looked very lonely...She was so happy to see me again. We went inside and her house was ruined. So I gave her some cloths that I made. We were talking so much and also talked about my life. She was the one who made me live my dreams.
Thanks for sharing Steph :)
LOL.
Hi Stephanie! Just a note to say I am loving your blog and stories. Thank you for sharing!!
Post a Comment