It's 12:22AM. In less than 9 hours, I will be boarding a bus with my kids to go to the Discovery Science Center. But I can't sleep. The kids are on my mind.
Graduation is in 7 days. There's so much I want to tell them and so much I want to do with them before I let them go. Yet, I don't know what exactly I want to say or do.
My dreams for them are big. I've had images of them today graduating from high school and graduating from college and I was right there cheering them on. I so badly want to see these two days for all of them. I so badly want to see all their dreams come true. I so badly want all of them to know how absolutely amazing each and every single one of them are. I so badly want to protect them from the pressures and injustices of the world. I just want to hold them until I know that nothing bad will happen to them. Once I see that they're on the right track, then I'll let them go...
I remember March of 2008 when I begged God one night to help me love my kids. I remember looking at them during recess with such disdain.
He has answered my prayer. My heart is changed. But now it's time to let them go. And I don't know how...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment