Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Missing my Tigers...

Frank walked by my classroom as he was leaving the after school program today, quickly waved a hello and kept going. Frank says hello only sometimes - it's a "cool" image he is trying to fit into even though we both know it's not him.

But today, he came back around. "Ms. Wong, I was telling Mrs. Cross today that I missed you and she said I should tell you. She said it would make you happy. So...I miss you." He said it all so matter-of-factly that I had to laugh.

"Thanks, Frank. I miss you too." I made him give me a hug in all of his sweaty-nastiness from the game of dodgeball that he just played.

My 6th graders have been coming around a little more lately. A group of girls came in last week and asked me to show them the graduation slideshow I had made them last year. We reminisced over the tears we shared on graduation day after watching the slideshow.

I don't know what it is that is bringing them around right now, but it's a little bittersweet. It means a lot to me that they still stop by. But they're leaving our school in 2 months. This place is going to be so different for me without them here.

No comments: