"Ms. Wong, if I leave a Valentine on your desk, will you give it to Jasmine for me?"
"Sure, Henry. What should I tell her if she asks me who it's from?"
"Tell her it's from her secret admirer."
***
During guided reading, Henry and Jasmine happened to sit next to each other. In middle of his reading, an uncontainable smile cracks across Henry's face. He glowed with an excitement and giddyness that he couldn't hold back. I couldn't help but smile.
***
It has been quite the Valentine's Day. I felt loved by my 28 little Valentine's who were able to put aside their "coolness" for a day and love each other a little bit more. I was showered with chocolates and stuffed animals and flowers. Looking at all the teachers today with smiles on their faces, smiles we haven't seen in the past few weeks, our stage covered with red paraphanilia from the kids during the morning assembly, I remembered that the tiring work is worth it. The parents and students do appreciate it. Today, teaching was not a thankless profession. Today, I feel a bit more renergized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment