Congratulations on a marvelous year! I cannot begin to tell you guys how very proud I am of all of you. You have worked hard, persisted when things were challenging, and you have all grown so very much.
When I first moved into our brand new classroom and began to set up, I had no idea what to expect. I knew that, in one month, I would have my very own class of 28 students for the first time. I had big dreams for all of you and wanted all of you to learn so much.
Now that year is over and some of my biggest dreams have come true. All 28 of you have moved up reading levels, but not only that, you are more thoughtful readers who ask great questions and make meaningful connections. Your writing has improved as you’ve learned to write with a main idea and lots of supporting details. You came telling me of your excitement for math and, this year, you have been challenged, but your excitement remained. I was always so proud of you when you weren’t afraid to tell me you needed extra help and went the extra mile to see me at recess and lunch!
More than that, though, you have all grown to be such amazing citizens and family to each other. I see the ways you help each other, watch out for each other, and work to be friends even when it is hard. Your honesty and persevering attitudes always made my hours of planning so worth it. I have been the luckiest teacher in the world and I am so excited to be with you guys for another year as you continue your journey to college! Have a wonderful summer! I love you all so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment