August 13, 2007
After brunch and introductions with our new students and their parents, one parent came up to me, "My son had an amazing third grade teacher last year. We were hoping she would come up and teach 4th grade and are really sad that that's not happening. I want you to know that you have really big shoes to fill."
...
June 19th, 2008
I hear a knock on my door the second to last day of school. A parent came in with my student and his sister. "Ms. Wong, I made you something. I hope you like banana nut bread. I wanted to thank you for teaching my son this year. Remember how, at the beginning of the year I told you that you had really big shoes to fill? Well, you've filled those shoes. I appreciate all that you've done."
I don't know what the shoes were or what I did to fill them, but I am in awe of God's grace and mercy on me. Despite my mess in motivations this year, lack of faith, and self-focus, God has still been able to redeem my mistakes and use them somehow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment