We all got onto the bus, sweaty and tired, but filled with excitement about our day at Knotts. But then I turned around to see one of my girls crying.
"What's wrong, Samantha?"
"I lost my tube of gold." Earlier in the day we had panned for gold just as the miners did during the gold rush.
Great. What do I do? The reality was that there was no way we could go back and look for her gold now. I tried to comfort her, but failed, so I tried to reassure her that her mom might be able to bring her back with the free ticket and they could pan for more. That failed too.
After waking up from a brief shut-eye time, Samantha waved a tube of gold in my face. "Look what James gave me, Ms. Wong!" James had given her HIS gold.
I turned to James surprised. "What made you decide to do that, James?"
"Samantha was sad and I wanted her to be happy, so I decided to give her mine."
I smiled at both of them.
Samantha had invited James to eat lunch with her earlier that day because he was sitting by himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment