Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Stories they Create: a retake on my honesty post...

I caught one of my students forging his dad's signature today. I suspected it the first few times, but this student has always been so honest with me. I thought, "Maybe his dad just doesn't have good handwriting! After all, his son must get it from someone..."

But I caught him today, signing for his dad. When I asked him about it, he said, "Oh. I thought I was suppose to write my name here and then my dad signs." (He and his dad share a name).

Right...so now he is going to lie to me twice. I pulled out the past few signatures I got from "dad" and asked mom about it after school. Listen to Jeff's explanation to his mom:

"You haven't seen it because Dad signed it. Dad signed it while he was sleeping..."

Hm.

No comments: